We moved to:
www.yugiohlegend.com

Do not try to join this forum.
Welcome to the Power of Chaos!
We moved to:
www.yugiohlegend.com

Do not try to join this forum.
Welcome to the Power of Chaos!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Power of Chaos for hamachi users www.yugiohlegend.com

Yugiohlegend RevivedHomePortalLatest imagesJoin Now!RegisterLog inYugiohlegend Revived
Similar topics

[ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor

Go down 
+13
krpro
shadowam
crysty
Aditya09
SAMEH209
dest
aykumit
Gameslave
Black
BomWatchOut
neshwille888
AznJonathan
cahsobo
17 posters
AuthorMessage
cahsobo
Duelist
Duelist
cahsobo

[ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor Empty
PostSubject: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:09 am

Hi. I'm new here. Is there any way to replace files with different size using Yugioh file extractor?
Can anyone help me? thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
AznJonathan
Duelist
Duelist
AznJonathan

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:47 am

Watch Boom video on how to make / change mods
Back to top Go down
cahsobo
Duelist
Duelist
cahsobo

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:12 pm

He never mentioned about replacing files of different size. LOL
Back to top Go down
neshwille888
Moderators
Moderators
neshwille888

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 12:20 pm

cahsobo wrote:
Hi. I'm new here. Is there any way to replace files with different size using Yugioh file extractor?
Can anyone help me? thanks in advance

WIth different size you cant replace files in extractor but if you got for example , when you edit some picture and you want to put it in game by extractor and it says it cant be done file is not same size then you do this :

Open picture you want to edit from game and ur picture together in photoshop , then take ur picture over that original picture just place it over it and you can edit it or whatever so save as BMP file i think like other files from extractor then open extractor ,load and replace ,if that wont replace in extractor and it says its not same SIZE so open that edited picture you was doing with paint now and just use eraser once on it and save.

Now it should be same size and you can replace it 100%
Or if this is complicated then just go youtube and watch tutorials there Very Happy i hope i helped a bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gtamodder888
cahsobo
Duelist
Duelist
cahsobo

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 5:20 pm

No you can't. BMP is uncompressed image format. unlike JPG or PNG which can be tweaked or optimized. Thanks, but it didn't help.
Back to top Go down
neshwille888
Moderators
Moderators
neshwille888

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:03 pm

cahsobo wrote:
No you can't. BMP is uncompressed image format. unlike JPG or PNG which can be tweaked or optimized. Thanks, but it didn't help.

works fine for me
Back to top Go down
cahsobo
Duelist
Duelist
cahsobo

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:58 pm

okay. but that's not the point, dude. My problem is: I can't replace different sized files. Many people can. but they're unwilling to share how they did it.
Back to top Go down
BomWatchOut
Admin
Admin
BomWatchOut

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:27 am

being honest... i got a new file extractor which i use to replace any file i want regardless its size... i cant share it because its still under development by us :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BomWatchOut
cahsobo
Duelist
Duelist
cahsobo

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:48 am

LOL there's only 2 possibilities, if it's not under development, then it's dead aka no longer being developed. then what are you waiting? you did release your mod though you claimed it as beta version, didn't you?
you never post any of the code, or even screenshot of the program you're working on. i think you're just bluffing. stop giving a false hope! never promise something that not exists

SEEING IS BELIEVING
Back to top Go down
neshwille888
Moderators
Moderators
neshwille888

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:09 am

I got some mod says its kaiba corporation but they did hide data.dat for us to not open that mod or whatever ,but they added new file data.dat.dat lol with 0kb empty and when i figured this out (ofc when i download mod i open ,extract it just for fun i dont post my mod bec it got everything in it all mods together) and they got some huge files i dont know how its possible they replaced some files with almost 1 GB and but i dont know how and they got largest sizes in mod i ever seen but mod is shit , very messy and shit , but boom if you say you got that extractor wich can replace files regardless its size i think you will tell us by now
Back to top Go down
BomWatchOut
Admin
Admin
BomWatchOut

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 2:46 pm

ok i will try to publish it just for you guys.. give me a few days though ( ill tell the others)
Back to top Go down
neshwille888
Moderators
Moderators
neshwille888

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 4:27 pm

BomWatchOut wrote:
ok i will try to publish it just for you guys.. give me a few days though ( ill tell the others)

TY boom , it will be great for us.
Back to top Go down
Black
Moderators
Moderators
Black

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 1:11 pm

cahsobo wrote:
LOL there's only 2 possibilities, if it's not under development, then it's dead aka no longer being developed. then what are you waiting? you did release your mod though you claimed it as beta version, didn't you?
you never post any of the code, or even screenshot of the program you're working on. i think you're just bluffing. stop giving a false hope! never promise something that not exists

SEEING IS BELIEVING
i agree, the game doesnt allow that sort of transportation in my opinion, and if you got it ready why dont share it? how can it still be in development, and why aren't you realeasing it? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
neshwille888
Moderators
Moderators
neshwille888

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 4:25 pm

Dude he sayd he will do it soon i hope so , so give him some time.
Back to top Go down
Gameslave
Duelist
Duelist
Gameslave

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:30 pm

You guys need to learn the phrase "under development." The extractor/replacer itself might be working, but it is likely to still cause unforeseen bugs in the game. The dat file structure wasn't built with modding in mind and the game itself probably doesn't play nice when it changes file sizes. Ideally, any software that is "under development" until it is perfect and has no bugs. Since this would be impossible, developers/modders generally release their final product when it is "close enough."
Back to top Go down
cahsobo
Duelist
Duelist
cahsobo

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:34 pm

still can't figure out the reason they didn't post it here. (if it were really ever existed)
Back to top Go down
Gameslave
Duelist
Duelist
Gameslave

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 10:38 pm

Perhaps they like to release products that are usable and that will not completely bork your game to pieces.
Back to top Go down
cahsobo
Duelist
Duelist
cahsobo

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:25 pm

you mean so they can sell it?
I think it would be much better and faster developed if they also release the source, like Ernesto Gutierrez, the author of Yugioh File Extractor..
Two head is better than one
Back to top Go down
Gameslave
Duelist
Duelist
Gameslave

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:27 pm

Not sell per se (as that would be illegal), but just upon the interwebz. I imagine that anyone on this forum that could help with said project either is helping, or doesn't want to help.
Back to top Go down
cahsobo
Duelist
Duelist
cahsobo

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Two years ago there's an arabic guy who wrote a tool to decrypt & edit the bin files in POC. dunno how is it going now http://goo.gl/jU63 it might have been abandoned Sad
Maybe there isn't enough people who interested in modding POC Sad
Back to top Go down
Black
Moderators
Moderators
Black

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 2:29 pm

like i said, replacing with diffrent file sizes on cards for example would be a mess, the game was awaiting that specefic file size and when its not, it will either 1. Crash or 2. Look really weird...
Back to top Go down
aykumit
Amateur Duelist
Amateur Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 11:35 am

as he said .. its right
Back to top Go down
dest
Amateur Duelist
Amateur Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 12:24 am

BomWatchOut wrote:
being honest... i got a new file extractor which i use to replace any file i want regardless its size... i cant share it because its still under development by us :/

why can't you release it? being under development doesn't sound like a good reason.
Back to top Go down
SAMEH209
Amateur Duelist
Amateur Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:21 am

you cant
Back to top Go down
Aditya09
Admin
Admin
Aditya09

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Took ne a while to read this lol!
The new extractor gives no size error and is cool Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=587468872&ref=pro
BomWatchOut
Admin
Admin
BomWatchOut

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 12:51 am

ok i will publish it... but there are draw backs though (BECAUSE IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT..) one of them is that the only way i think someone will be able to open this extractor is by using visual basic, another is that the game data.dat might get corrupted if you use it, etc etc, nothing biggy Razz. I know a way to get the full version of visual basic for free, but you can try the trial just to see I'M NOT LYING!

***********PLEASE DO NOT PUBLISH THIS FILE ANYWHERE ELSE!!*************

ok this is the extractor we made:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IPD9I0I2

send me a PM if you want to know the password

Back to top Go down
Aditya09
Admin
Admin
Aditya09

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 5:00 pm

BomWatchOut wrote:
ok i will publish it... but there are draw backs though (BECAUSE IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT..) one of them is that the only way i think someone will be able to open this extractor is by using visual basic, another is that the game data.dat might get corrupted if you use it, etc etc, nothing biggy Razz. I know a way to get the full version of visual basic for free, but you can try the trial just to see I'M NOT LYING!

I get to use the new extractor without using visual basic and it works fine Razz
Back to top Go down
cahsobo
Duelist
Duelist
cahsobo

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:19 pm

BomWatchOut wrote:

Now you're talking sunny
Back to top Go down
BomWatchOut
Admin
Admin
BomWatchOut

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Aditya09 wrote:

I get to use the new extractor without using visual basic and it works fine Razz

how you did it? oO
Back to top Go down
neshwille888
Moderators
Moderators
neshwille888

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:17 am

BomWatchOut wrote:

TY BoM!!!
Back to top Go down
Aditya09
Admin
Admin
Aditya09

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyFri Apr 23, 2010 10:29 am

Well i just extracted the files to the desktop and opened the folder and then open a certain extractor exe file. Im in school and my computer not working so i cant tell you what exe it was Sad
Back to top Go down
AznJonathan
Duelist
Duelist
AznJonathan

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:41 pm

Wow it's amazing... to be able to not have to have the same amount
Back to top Go down
neshwille888
Moderators
Moderators
neshwille888

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:14 am

AznJonathan wrote:
Wow it's amazing... to be able to not have to have the same amount

Yea but some files replaces just fine and in game just blank pictures Sad
Back to top Go down
crysty
Amateur Duelist
Amateur Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 2:59 pm

hi all of you i'm new here can anyone help me with file extractor?
Back to top Go down
shadowam
Amateur Duelist
Amateur Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 12:23 am

Stop spamming first and i bet someone will help you
Back to top Go down
krpro
Amateur Duelist
Amateur Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:54 am

Yugioh File Extractor not change a mod.
You can change img card or themes
Back to top Go down
Aditya09
Admin
Admin
Aditya09

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 pm

krpro wrote:
Yugioh File Extractor not change a mod.
You can change img card or themes

yea its changing a mod.
people who are new or not professional with the extractor can only change image.
i mod atk of monsters wit extractor.
Back to top Go down
kitekaze
Amateur Duelist
Amateur Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:59 am

Hi, I'm new here.

First, sorry for bring up old topic. But recently, I have trouble with replacing POC sound file in different size. With google search, I end up being here.

To sir BomWatchOut, I can't send PM to you since it require posting in forum. If you could, please send me the password for the new extractor file. I need it badly. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kite Kaze.
Back to top Go down
Aditya09
Admin
Admin
Aditya09

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi, you can join the new site. he will be more active there than here :/
Back to top Go down
thetormentarrr
Amateur Duelist
Amateur Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:20 pm

The New Site DOESN'T WORK! :@
Back to top Go down
KingLion
Amateur Duelist
Amateur Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:00 pm

thetormentarrr wrote:
The New Site DOESN'T WORK! :@

And everything is still on megaupload.
Back to top Go down
AzTeC
Amateur Duelist
Amateur Duelist

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Thanks, this thread helped me a lot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor   [ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor Empty

Back to top Go down

[ASK] How to replace files with Yugioh File Extractor
Page 1 of 1